Google+

Some Finished Projects Finally

After Hazel's nap we finally finished some of our projects. First we made some easy paper lanterns for our Martinmas celebration. We did not do the lantern walk tonight, but are planning on it tomorrow night, so for tonight we hung them in her "house" made of Waldorf playstands and cloths. I also strung the four felt lanterns I got to sewing and hung them up. We had four of the battery operated tea lights, so I put those inside and promised Hazel we would get more tomorrow (I got a 3-pack at Dollar Tree).

What I discovered from making the lanterns, the thicker paper is better for the bigger ones. The smaller ones are easier to make. Hazel was able to help a bit with them. Oh and she pretended her Match game cards were candles in the ones we didn't have candles for. I also hung the paper mache one we did at school.




After dinner we finished some cards and some turkeys. We did handprints for the turkey tails the other day. Then I cut out some of her handprints for the body. We added googly eyes and drew a beak a wattle and feet. Then we stuck on some stickers from Trader Joe's. I love the ones that say "I'm thankful for_______" I always write in the name of who the card is for. We also did one out of all cut-out handprints.













My turkey
Then our final craft is from a library book called Holiday Handiworks by Gillian Souter. We didn't add the feet, but I like them.


Hazel's turkey



























5 comments:

  1. Your lanterns look great! And I love your turkeys - never seen them done that way before & it looks super cute. Thanks for linking up to TGIF!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this! I would love it if you shared it with us on The Sunday Showcase
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, great ideas! I really love those paper lanterns!

    Thanks for sharing on the Holiday Kid Craft Link Up,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ideas! Gotta love handprint projects! Thanks for linking at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love love the toilet paper roll turkeys, I was looking for a project to do with the kids tonight and this is it!!!

    Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and ideas. Thank you for reading and contributing!