- Admit You Are Happy Month
- Family Fun Month
- Romance Awareness Month
- National Catfish Month
- Peach Month
- National Picnic Month? (Source)
- 1st is National Raspberry Ice Cream Pie Day (hmmm....need to find a recipe I think)
- 2nd is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (hmmm...noticing the theme of ice cream)
- 3rd is National Watermelon Day (we will celebrate this one, but not on the 3rd since it is a Sharing Saturday)
- 4th is International Friendship Day
- 6th is Wiggle Your Toes Day (I think they need to add in the sand to this one)
- 7th is National Lighthouse Day (mentioning this one for Steve)
- 8th is Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
- 10th is National S'Mores Day (Campfire anyone?)
- 14th is National Creamsicle Day
- 15th is Relaxation Day (Spa visit?)
- 22nd is Be an Angel Day
- 26th is Women's Equality Day
- 27th is Global Forgiveness Day (Does this mean there will be world peace that day?)
- 30th is Toasted Marshmallow Day (Source)
Ok, now onto what we are doing this month. We have our normal monthly things like the Virtual Book Club for Kids. This month's author is Donald Crews.
Now I really had not read any of his books before, but they are growing on me. He definitely has his own style and you will know when you are reading one of his books. They are often simple and of few words and about action. If you have a child who is into transportation (planes, trains, trucks, etc.) than this is an author for you. he also has some books for older children. I hope you will join us on the 19th to check out what we do with his books.
Then of course we have Around the World in 12 Dishes. This month we are "traveling" to Egpyt.
|Pictures from http://commons.wikimedia.org/|
Then of course we will see where Flat Stanley is visiting. If you would like to host Flat Stanley one of these upcoming months, check out the information here. It is easy and fun!!
Plus with that wonderful list of special August holidays we will focus a bit on watermelon and we will continue our fun with Flamingo Fridays, Fairy Tales in Different Cultures and Sharing Saturday! Plus with schools beginning for so many this month (ours doesn't start until September here) I am thinking I may do a bit of a math focus for all of you. It is always good for me to keep my mind thinking mathematically. So those are some of the great things I have planned for Crafty Moms Share this month. I hope you will join us all month long!