Google+

Japanese Paper Toys Kit & Mini Easter Baskets -- a Crafty Weekends Review & Link Party

Have you entered to win the 18 amazing books about non-traditional princesses yet?
Disclosure: Tuttle Publishing gave me copies of these books free of charge for this review. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation. As in all my reviews I am providing links for your ease, but receive no compensation.

Easter is only one week away!! I can hardly believe it. We have had a busy week and then Hazel got sick again, so she has been resting all weekend. This week is full of visitors and getting ready for them. I love this time of year. How about you? To get ready I thought of a fun little craft made from recycled fruit bowl containers. Hazel has been into the Dole fruit cups and we have been recycling many of the little plastic cups. I got the idea to add a handle and make them into Easter baskets. 

I could easily see these as table setting decorations or even add a tag and use them as place cards. Aren't they cute. I punched holes in the washed plastic containers. Then I put the ends of a pipe cleaner into the holes. On one side I pushed much of the pipe cleaner through and looped back around and twisted it along the remaining pipe cleaner between the holes or the handle. Then I twisted it with the other end. I found some Easter foam stickers to use and some paper flowers. I added crinkle paper and candies.

You can even add some small animals or such. I found a bunny that worked. Or if you want May Day baskets fill them with small flowers.

This month we are focusing on Japan for our Tea Parties Around the World, so it seemed like the perfect time to share the Japanese Paper Toys Kit with you. 
This kit has origami and other paper crafts to make various toys. It has animals, dinosaurs and acrobats as well as sumo wrestlers. 


The wrestler was an origami project. The kit has special paper to make the wrestler look like a sumo wrestler. They also have special pages of punch out pieces to make the project. This is how the tortoise and hare were made. 
These projects are not really origami since they require glue and of course are punched out in certain shapes. They remind me of the amazing paper toys I have seen on-line. They are so intricate, but the instructions here are very easy to follow. 


The kit comes with the instruction book with easy to follow instructions with illustrations and the punch out pages as well as the origami paper needed for the origami projects. This is a fun kit. It has a variety of projects. The projects are probably a bit hard for Hazel, but I would say 10+ would work for this kit. I hope you will check it out and follow our exploration of Japan this month!!


Thank you to everyone who shared with us at our last party!! I loved seeing what everyone has been creating lately!! Below are some features from the party, but this is just a small sample of great ideas shared! This week we have one groups of fun features.

Also remember for your child-oriented crafts, activities, lessons, etc. Sharing Saturday is going on!! For any cultural related posts (diversity and/or multicultural as well) be sure to share at the month long Creative Kids Creative Blog Hop.

Features


1) From Do It Your Freaking Self: How to Make Tissue Paper Seed Bombs

2) From The Scrap Shoppe: Retro Camper Keychain and Pattern

3) From Suzer Space: Bicycle License Plate

4) From Reviews, Chews & How-Tos: March Stitchery Check-In

5) From Ava's Alphabet: DIY Carrot Wreath for Spring

6) From The Jenny Evolution: DIY Easter Egg Garland

7) From Duct Tape & Denim: Galvanized Wooden Easter Eggs

8) From Bombshell Bling: Ombre Earrings Tutorial

9) From Busy Being Jennifer: DIY Utensil Caddy

 
Thank you to everyone who shared the last week!! I hope you will share again!! If you are featured here, please feel free to grab a featured button to display proudly on your blog. I would love the help spreading the word about Crafty Weekends!!


Featured Button Code:



 Please share family friendly crafts here. Just crafts and/or patterns--no recipes, lessons, etc. You can share craft product reviews as well. By linking up here you are giving me permission to share your links and to pin your links. Please follow my Crafty Weekends Feature Pinterest Board to see all the features from these fun link parties!


This party will last two weeks since next weekend is Easter weekend!!